I rarely shoot factory ammo as I reload but I picked up a few different boxes of various "match? ammo to see how my Savage 10 FLCPk would shoot and this particular ammo shoots GREAt. like .5" 5-10 shot groups. The Superformance version however does not. The standard match comes out of my barrel at 2711 fps and it just wads up bullet holes into a tiny cluster all the time. I have ordered some of the 75g bullets and I want to recreate the load. I had some superformance left over and pulled a bullet and weighed 26.2grains of a ball powder. The primer is brass so I assume its the Rem 6.5 or 7.5 match primer.

I am going to buy another box of the standard match and pull a bullet and at least weigh up the powder and see if I can determine what it is. Do any of you have ideas?

I figure if I use Hornady brass and bullets and then the 7.5 rem bench rest primers and seat the bullets at factory length then I only have to play with powder and charge weight. Then I will tweak the COAL to fine tune it in.