Thread: New to Savage. Purchased a 111XP with detachable magazine... Have a problem!

Basic Member

New to Savage. Purchased a 111XP with detachable magazine... Have a problem!

So, I am having a problem with the bolt release... Basically, your supposed to be able to push in the bolt release and the trigger and then remove the bolt. That works fine. However, it wont automatically reset. It wants to stay in the downward position. If I want to pull the trigger, I have to remember to manually push up that bolt release after EVERY shot, or the firing pin wont fire.... Basically it just stays in the downward position after pulling the trigger. Is something not installed correctly in the trigger assembly? Is this an easy fix?

I pulled the barrel from the stock and everything looks there. Maybe a spring came loose? Any help would be appreciated. The trigger assembly has a spring on the rear, a threaded piece towards the rear of the trigger assembly and that seems to be it besides the bolt release mechanism attached to the trigger assembly.

I own a Weatherby Mark V and this is my first cheap/mid grade gun, not happy so far.

Any help would be appreciated!

Basic Member
    Ok, found the problem. The spring was installed wrong in the front part for the bolt release. All is well now. I will let you know how it shoots.

What caliber is it? Just nosey.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

Basic Member

New to Savage. Purchased a 111XP with detachable magazine... Have a problem!