Thread: 110 FCP H S Precision

big norm

110 FCP H S Precision

Went looking to one at my favorite gun store to put hands on either the Savage 110 FCP or a Remington Sendero in 300 win mag. I decide on the Savage but they didnt have it in stock. In there system it shows it with a muzzle brake but the savage site only shows the 338 with one...

Has this been changed with the new guns.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

mrslippery
    the brake is only on the .338, was a little disappointing when I got mine. Will have a little jimmy installed after Xmas, Slip.

big norm

Re: 110 FCP H S Precision

I didnt think it did, I just said ok... im already looking for one to go on it... I may see if I can buy the one on the 338 from savage.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

dnsmith
    I have one of these on the way. I had a hard time choosing between this one and the Remmy 5r .300 win mag. Still not positive I made the right choice, but I knew I would like the accu-trigger better than the x-mark crap on the Remmy. I liked the 24" barrel of the savage (26" is typical for a .300), guess I will live with any velocity loss/increased muzzle blast.

I decided to take a wait and see approach with the muzzle brake. It is a fairly heavy rifle. if the recoil is manageable without, I'd just assume not use one. We shall see. I'm gonna start out running 190 g SMK's. If I wuss out on the recoil, I'm gonna handload it back to .30-06 levels with 168's.