Thread: First Savage Rifle

6.5 Fan

First Savage Rifle

Hi everyone! I recently ordered my first Savage rifle and decided to join the SavageShooters forum even though the "Brotherhood of the Barrel Nut" sounds kinda gay to me. I ordered a Predator Hunter Max 1 from Bud's Gun Shop and I'm just waiting for it to ship. This will be my first bolt action rifle and the 3rd in my collection of 6.5's. I already have an AR-15 chaimbered in 6.5 Grendel and a DPMS LR-260. This one will be a 6.5-284 Norma. I've read alot about how Savages are the most accurate factory rifles out of the box and how the barrel nut makes changing barrels yourself a breeze. I can't wait for it to get here. I'll post a range report once it does.

thomae
    Welcome to the forum.

What we care about here about is precision shooting, good hunting results, targets with little groups, and educating each other on how to work with and improve Savage firearms. Collectively, we're rather good at it.

Read lots of posts and you will learn much. If you have any questions, do a search. They have probably already been answered. If you don't find an answer or exhaustive discussion, then by all means ask away. We all get smarter by reading each other's questions and responses.

I think you will like it here.

For what it's worth, around here, we tend not to discuss, nor do we care about each other's sexual inclinations or habits.
    Frankly, nobody cares, and nobody will hassle you based on the fact that you joined because you originally thought it was a forum for gay shooters.
    We all simply want to help you learn more and be a safe and accurate shooter.

It's an addiction...and you will be hooked soon.
    Last edited by thomae; 12-12-2012 at 08:16 AM.

It's all about the savage addiction. And btw barrel nut is singular (just to clarify lol) welcome to the forum and congrats on the 6.5. My Savage is in 260 rem does everything I ask of it.

Quote Originally Posted by thomae View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

What we care about here about is precision shooting, good hunting results, targets with little groups, and educating each other on how to work with and improve Savage firearms. Collectively, we're rather good at it.

Read lots of posts and you will learn much. If you have any questions, do a search. They have probably already been answered. If you don't find an answer or exhaustive discussion, then by all means ask away. We all get smarter by reading each other's questions and responses.

I think you will like it here.

For what it's worth, around here, we tend not to discuss, nor do we care about each other's sexual inclinations or habits.
    Frankly, nobody cares, and nobody will hassle you based on the fact that you joined because you originally thought it was a forum for gay shooters.
    We all simply want to help you learn more and be a safe and accurate shooter.

It's an addiction...and you will be hooked soon.
    Well said, Thomae.......