I just became a member to snipershide not long ago and have 3 Remington 700's that are in my inventory but want to expand. I have been looking for a while at building a Savage as I hear many great things about them. This is what my big question is or maybe delima for the moment,

I have decided to build a Savage 10 in a 6.5 creedmoor and for the base of my build have found the walmart special to start with, at one store there is a 10xp in .308 for $447 and is the short action then on the other hand another walmart has a 110xp in the 7mm mag long action but its discounted for $397.
would it be worth saving a few bucks getting the 110 over the 10? can you change the longer bolt actioned 110's bolt face of .535" to the shorter action's size of .475"? or would it come out costing the same and being less of a headache just getting the 10xp. I will just add the 6.5 barrel at a later time just trying to get started on it.
The one benefit of having the longer action is later I can go 300WM or 300UM, 30-06 and so on....
What places carry the smaller bolt face and how many mods to it would i have to do? I read where someone had a problem changing bolt faces and were getting striker marks from the firing pin but later foud out the pins were adjustable, found that info here http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...Bolt-head-swap

hope this is ok for a first post
thanks