Something that I forgot to mention in my previous post though I think is VERY important.

I installed a Timney trigger into my Axis and have been firing with fairly light pull (maybe 4 lbs) but had TWO accidental fires yesterday when releasing the safety. Fortunately, my rifle was pointing downrange at the target in both cases. I thought I may have inadvertently launched the rounds with my trigger finger--but confirmed this morning that the safety setting was tripping the trigger.

I thought this may be due to the sear and pull adjustments--but as far as I can tell it is not.

The problem is with the safety adjustment as far as I can tell--a fairly loose setting causes the whole trigger assembly to pivot in the receiver--and when you release the safety--even if it solidly holds while engaged--it somehow pivots the trigger assembly enough that the the sear releases the trigger.

I've tightened the safety up significantly along with the sear and pull settings--I have not so far been able to replicate this with my rifle basix install in my axis 308.

What sayeth Gary et al?

marc