Thread: Leaf spring vs coil spring in blind mag

Bark

Leaf spring vs coil spring in blind mag

Can the leaf spring/follower from a hinged floorplate 110 SA be used in a blind mag 110? I'm having feed problems on a new to me 110 and pulled the action tonight and found the leaf spring set-up in my blind mag.On checking the only parts blow-ups I could find it appears that a coil spring set-up should be used.I'm going nuts here(albiet a short trip) trying to make this old junkyard dog hunt.Any ideas would be appreciated.

Re: Leaf spring vs coil spring in blind mag

Every one I have seen was a leaf spring, my first efforts would be directed at the feed lips. Take a close look at what the cases are doing as they leave the magazine and you should be able to see what is happening and go from there.

Bob
    It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!

Dangerous Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Bark
    Can the leaf spring/follower from a hinged floorplate 110 SA be used in a blind mag 110? I'm having feed problems on a new to me 110 and pulled the action tonight and found the leaf spring set-up in my blind mag.On checking the only parts blow-ups I could find it appears that a coil spring set-up should be used.I'm going nuts here(albiet a short trip) trying to make this old junkyard dog hunt.Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Some Of The Older 110 savages Had Wire Springs In The Mag and It Screwed To The Followler , I Do Think They are Smoother , The Flat Spring Works Well With a Little Tweaking Hope This Helps DD

Bark

Many thanks Bob and DD for the replys.I can't believe how strong a spring Savage spec'd to push 4rds 3in.Might try and find a coil set-up and see what happens.