Hello folks, New guy here. I bought a 16/116 weather warrior in 308 over thanksgiving holiday. Since then, every free moment I've had has been plagued with gusting winds and driving rain... Not ideal for sighting in my new toy.

So what does one do with a new toy he can't shoot? If you're like me you obsess about all the little things. First I bought a nice two piece scope base, I've since replaced them with what seems like a nice one piece base I found at Cabelas. I did that change before I fired a shot. I'm going to stick with my Warne rings but now I'm thinking of changing scopes because the Burris I have on now... Well it's fine really, I'm just thinking something else might be better.

I purchased a nylon sling... And then a leather sling. I'm now sitting here looking at my rifle with tools in hand convinced I need to play with the accutrigger and accustock.

Anyway, maybe you guys can help me from going nuts by answering a few questions?

What's the consensus on barrel break in?
The action feels like it could use some grease, what's everyone doing for lube?
What about dry firing the rifle, any risk of damage?
Where can I find an extra magazine for less than $60?

Thanks in advance for the advice, and if anyone wants to say a prayer for a window of decent weather please feel free to do so!