Thread: Replacement Trigger for Savage 112

deanopt

Replacement Trigger for Savage 112

Does anyone have experience with different replacement triggers for the Savage 112? As many others have pointed out...it really takes a deathgrip on the standard trigger and there is literally no takeup or travel so very difficult to judge when the striker will fire. I'd like to get an idea of the most bang for the buck as well as what the Mercedes Benz of the triggers might be. Thanks!

Basic Member
    I bought the sss compition trigger when i had fred T&T my action. I do not care for it as you cannot adjust the overtravel out of mine.I might have a defective one i dont know.I have ordered a Rifle Basix sav-1 to take it place.

Basic Member
    I have the SSS Competition trigger and it works flawlessly in every way. I also have a 3 screw trigger that I had worked, it works just as well.

My favorites are the SAV-2, or a factory 3-screw depending on the purpose of the rifle.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

rmdailey
    I have a rifle basixs sav1. It was super easy to install and adjust. I love my trigger now! It was $85 I think, so it is one of the cheaper options, but a good one in my opinion

deanopt
    What about Timney or Jewell triggers...any thoughts anyone?

MikeMcC
    I've got two SSS Competition Triggers in my Savage builds. In my expirence, the SSS triggers in Savages are every bit as good as Jewell triggers in a 700. I only paid ~ $95 for each SSS trigger, and it's been the best "bang for the buck" I've found in aftermarket triggers.

What is your intended use for the rifle?

If you are carrying it around hunting then you dont really need the SAV2 trigger, even though they are very nice triggers. The SAV1, SSS, Timney, or even a properly adjusted 3screw trigger would suit your needs just fine.

If it will be a bench gun, then id get either the SSS or the SAV2.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member
    I have the SSS comp and the Sav-1 rifle basix. I like the Sav-1 a lot. Simple to install and a very good trigger INOP.

BT

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmac5 View Post
    Timney is just a revamped factory 3 screw that you can get from brownells for$20
    Hi,

Can you still get the old adjustable 3 screw ones? I must not know what I'm looking at on Brownells site. Can you please link the 3 screw trigger for me.

Thanks!