Thread: Talk about a GOOD week!

Muddly

Talk about a GOOD week!

This is the 2nd year I've used my 111 .270. Got a fine doe with it last year using 130 gr Winchester Power Points, but this year I'm using reloads with Sierra 130 gr Pro Hunters at about 3000 fps. On the 27 November I shot a HOG of a doe at 60 yards. Dressed weight of 130lbs and on the 1 December I shot my first black bear! A 160 pounder at 80 yards. The 130 Sierras made a 2 fine batches of chest soup! Gonna have a rug made from the bear. This rifle has definitely earned a permanent place in the rack!

Basic Member
    Good deal. I love the 270. What I mostly reach after for deer. I shoot the Hornady sst. Never tried the Sierra, but hear they are good. What state you get the bear in? I would love to have a bear rug next year.

Muddly
    Pennsylvania. Our bear season is a 4 day event. it begins the Saturday before Thanksgiving and ends the day before Thanksgiving. There is an earlier archery season and this year in several management units there was an early muzzleloader season. Also in several units the Wed-Sat of the first week of deer season ( gun) is an extended bear. I got mine on the last day of the extended season. One thing I noticed though. Buck fever is NOTHING compared to bear fever! After 37 deer I still get the shakes. However, I was shaking like a leaf for 20 minutes after I shot my bear! Its a first class HOOT! Best of luck!