Thread: 20 MOA scope base for Savage MOdel 110FCP H-S Precision in 338 Lapua

20 MOA scope base for Savage MOdel 110FCP H-S Precision in 338 Lapua

Hi:

New member here.

I just bought a Savage Model 110FCP H-S Precision rifle in .338 Lapua that is supposed to have a 20 MOA scope base. Does anyone know who supplies this base to Savage?

The only markings on the base is a number engraved on the underside of the mid section, "108947".

It has the same shape as the NightForce base with the raised shoulders and 4 mounting screws,but is non-magnetic material.

I am planning to purchase a NightForce 5.5-22 x 56mm scope and want to be sure the base will be satisfactory. Any help will me highly appreciated.

Capt. Art

Basic Member
    I like the Farrell bases, http://www.kenfarrell.com/

Basic Member
    There is nothing wrong with using aluminum bases for your scope mounting. I have been using aluminum bases for years, and I have never had a problem with them. I used nothing but Seekins for quite a while, but I have now also started using the Weaver Tactical bases. It also has the recoil lug machined in, so there is no worries about heavy recoil destroying the base or screws.

You will be fine with the base you have, unless you just don't like it.

DK
    [B]Savage - Arken Optics - MDT - Seekins - MOΛΩN ΛΑΒΕ[/B]

helotaxi
    I heard somewhere that the base is made by EGW as OEM for Savage. I connot confirm that and I would rate it as conjecture at best.

ETA- An aluminum base is more than strong enough.

Basic Member
    They are made by EGW. Some of the earlier 110FCP HS 338's were supposed to come with a 20 MOA actually came with a o MOA base. The new ones are SUPPOSED to have 20 MOA bases this time. Give EGW a call and they will sort you out quick and easy.

Thanks for all of your great responses.

According to Sonny at NightForce, Savage now makes their own bases which exceed the mil-spec 1913 requirementsand is compatible with NightForce requirements.

I measured my base and it appears to be 20 MOA

esquared
    I got a 110 FCP .338 last month and it is a 20MOA base. My problem with it is that the base came loose today ending my range session. This was my first time out with it and it is putting them in the same hole at 100 until it loosened up. Anyone have a clue as to what size the screws are and what to torque them down to? I plan on buying a better screw once I have the sizes I need

Quote Originally Posted by esquared View Post
    I got a 110 FCP .338 last month and it is a 20MOA base. My problem with it is that the base came loose today ending my range session. This was my first time out with it and it is putting them in the same hole at 100 until it loosened up. Anyone have a clue as to what size the screws are and what to torque them down to? I plan on buying a better screw once I have the sizes I need
    I have the same rifle and I measured the screws to be #8-40 (threads per inch)

When I was checking the torque I found one to have a rounded allen hole indicating an over torque or slipped wrench. The torque was set to 25 in-lbs on all four screws.

Good Shooting,

Capt. Art

esquared
    Quote Originally Posted by twocan View Post
    I have the same rifle and I measured the screws to be #8-40 (threads per inch)

When I was checking the torque I found one to have a rounded allen hole indicating an over torque or slipped wrench. The torque was set to 25 in-lbs on all four screws.

Good Shooting,

Capt. Art
    I ordered and received a Farrell base, 40 MOA and the screws are too small to engage the threads so I can't mount it. Guess I will have to send it back to him and have him get me the right screws and drill the holes in the mount as the screws from the mount the rifle came with wont go into the holes on the Farrell base. No way I am having another set of hole drilled plus I think the screws that came with the new mount are too small for the recoil of this gun. May have to order a Murphy Precision one if he cant get this one worked out for me. The Ferrell mount came with #6x48 screws figured he would know what they do from the factory.

esquared
    Looking at the Murphy mount it comes with the #8x40 screws, don't know why this one didn't?

I think thats what he meant. He is gonna get the Murphy because of the screws.

esquared
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimySquirrel View Post
    I think thats what he meant. He is gonna get the Murphy because of the screws.
    Actually I am still getting a Farrell base. I called them monday and asked him what screws the mount took and then told him I got a mount with the 6x42 screws. He sent me a email today saying the new mount is on the way and I told them I shipped the wrong one back this morning. Very few people will make something right the way they did without waiting for the wrong part to get back.

Bowtie
    I have both a 110 BA and a 111LRH and bedded the rails to help prevent this problem should the screws come loose.

esquared
    Got it all put back together and torqued down. Put a hundred or so through it in two range sessions and it it is still in place. I bet they forgot to torque the factory mount down right. GOing to sell the savage 20 moa mount on gunbroker. The new 40 moa mount got back right at 9 mils of elevation which I needed. I now have 9 mils on the reticle of hold over and 18 mils on the turret which gets me out past 2,000 where I want to be.