Thread: Trophy Hunter XP Nikon 3-9x40 Lens Cap

RevMike

Trophy Hunter XP Nikon 3-9x40 Lens Cap

Folks:

I'm new to the forum and new to Savage. Today I just bought a Savage 16 Trophy Hunter XP in .260 Remington. I hunt feral hogs in Florida and the older I get, the more I'm not sure who takes more of a beating from my old .444 Marlin: me or the pig. So, I thought I'd give the 6.5 Swede's "American Cousin" a try.

Anyway, what I'm trying to figure out is the correct Butler Creek lens cap (flip open) for the Nikon that came with the rifle. The ones that fit the ocular and objective of the current 3-9x40 Prostaff are far too big for this scope. Anyone have any idea? I've measured the ocular and objective, but want to make sure I order the right covers since the increments are pretty narrow.

Thanks in advance.

Mike+

Basic Member

Re: Trophy Hunter XP Nikon 3-9x40 Lens Cap

I have the same setup in 30-06. I'm not sure if the numbers inside the flip-up part of the lens cover relates to the number on the packaging, but here goes...

Ocular - 10, 11, 13
    Objective - 23, 25, 26, 27

I just pulled the bolt out, checked the rifle in at customer service, and took it back to the firearms area at Sportsman's Warehouse. The guy at the counter took only a couple of minutes to get the right ones by trial & error. Let me know if the numbers helped.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

RevMike
    Yep, sure did. Thanks!

MLW+