I bought a NIB Savage Model 10 FCP in .308Win on Saturday, found a 20 moa Burris sigle piece picatinny rail mount at Academy last night, mounted a Nikon M-223 2-8x scope from my AR and a Harris bipod from the same AR on the rifle and took it to the range. The Nikon scope is sized for an AR and has a 20 moa slant built in to it, so I dialed the scope down 20 moa from where it was on the AR and fired a round at 25 yards. 2" left and 1" down, not bad, so I made the corrections and went to 100 yards for the second round. This one was 1" high and 3" left so I made those corrections and then shot 4 rounds in a 1-3/8" group. Next, I changed from the Vortex 168 ammo to Rem 168 MK BTHP and shot the first round a little high, went down 1 moa and fired off the next 4 rounds in this group, about 1-1/4" center-center:

I think if I had used a gridded target instead of the plain 3x4 card I could have shot a sub-moa group in the first 10 rounds with this new rifle, even with the wrong scope mounted about 1/2" too high. I stopped for the day, went home, ran some patches through the bore and declared victory, for now. Next are the right scope rings and a 5-20x scope dedicated to this rifle. Then 300-550 yard paper. I'm learning. I'm very happy with my choice of the Savage rifle.

Joe