Thread: Rifle Fell on Scope

Cable810

Rifle Fell on Scope

Well after hunting the other day I took my rifle out of the case to air dry. Well needless to say I went to put it back in the case and the Rifle had fallen over and was lying on its scope. My question is will the scope be off? I'm saying yes. My dad says that its not going to be off. When a scope falls or something knocks it good its bound to being off.

Savage Model 11 Hunter XP .308 Bushnell 3-9

Just has to happen the day I'm planning on going out....

Thanks

That depends on the scope itself.I have seen some that fell 18-20 feet from a treestand that remained dead on and I've seen some just get knocked over on the bench(off the rest) that were knocked out of alinement.
    Only way to know for sure is to shoot it.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

M.O.A.
    if its the bushnell that came on the gun you should shoot it there not that good ofr a scope ;-} really anytime that happens you need to shoot it ;-} i would rather spend a few $ then miss a deer

davemuzz
    It's a Bushnell....it will be off....shoot it back in.

Cable810
    Tis what I thought.... Oh well I'll deal with it.... Might have to shoot the last day of the season!!

helotaxi
    With the cheap Bushnell on the package gun, I would verify it. But I've had a 12FV, not exactly the lightest rifle, fall off the bench and land on the tile floor on the adjustment turret of the Bushnell Elite 4200 that it was wearing and the scope was none the worse for wear, but the scope base was bent and had to be scrapped.

Basic Member
    The cheaper the scope and the less attention you paid to making sure it was properly mounted and snugged the greater the chance of damage or zero bump. As long as the bases and rings were tight and the scope doesn't show any outward signs of damage then it's highly unlikely that a major zero change occurred. Why not drop a round through it on the way out of town to make sure?

Basic Member
    This was posted elsewhere on this sight, but the link bears repeating: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRRah...feature=g-hist