Thread: Stocks from MICROFIT

Stocks from MICROFIT

Well I just placed my Richards 99% drop in fit stock in the UPS system for return.
    This was a Wild cat style that looked as if it was whittled out with a pocket knife,just terrible, the mag well was almost 1 inch to long, the trigger guard was no where near the size it needed to be, everything was rough sawn on the inletting,and it would have taken some time with a palm sander to smooth out before finishing.
    I am not a wood worker nor do I have the tools for it so sending this to a gunsmith for fitting would have cost as much as the stock maybe more.
    I have contacted Joel Russo for a quote on one of his stocks and will probably order one as soon as I hear from him, hopefully Richards will honor their return policy and credit my card back.
    Sorry for long post had to vent after waiting for 17 weeks when it was supposed to be 4-6 weeks and then getting something that did not even resemble something that would fit my action just po'd me and I want to warn others. Now it will be another 6 weeks or more for a replacement.

Froggy

FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

Re: Stocks from MICROFIT

Apparently you didnt read any of the reviews on this site or most other sites before you ordered. If you did you woulda known that you would most likely end up with that. Sorry to see you had to wait so long to find out.

Let us know if they honor their return policy or not.

You will not be disappointed with the Russo stock, or a SSS either.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Unfortunately I read all the post after the stock was ordered and then sat back and crossed my fingers. I should have cancelled the order after 10 weeks but it is a live and learn lesson, it won't happen again.
    FROGGY

I don't know how Richards stays in business, but I'm certain they won't forever.
    The one who dies with the most toys still dies--except in Christ.

firemachine69

Buy once, cry once my friend!

lwink

someone once stated of Richard's Stocks "carved out with a dull chainsaw" -- is that about what you are looking at? Sorry for the jest, thanks for posting as hopefully it will save some others the headache in the future. They sure do look nice on the website though!!

I returned the stock and they received it on 1/4, they called me yesterday and said they were going to credit my charge card the amount paid. It takes 24 hours to show up so I will not now until later if they did it.
    I told the woman who I spoke with how bad a fit and how bad it looked, her response was someone inletted the wrong action, this after 4 telephone conversations to make sure it would be right. No Q C there.
    Over all carving was very poor and the inletting was worse ie: splintered, wrong size, too deep in one spot not deep enough in another, mag well 1" to big.
    The ones on web site have hours of finish work done to them.
    I could never recommend this company to anyone.
    FROGGY

pphreed1

I have several of there stocks and have not had the problems you describe they do take a considerable amount of sanding and finishing but the action cutouts have always been good and they have some colkor combos I haven't been able to find elsewhere but I do like boyds prefinished and just drop them in maybe a little bedding if you prefer and they are reasonably priced

I have read on other forums that Richards stocks are pretty much as described, however they always add a disclaimer when it comes to the Savage stocks and long action Savages are the worse.Problem was I saw all of this after I ordered and then decided to wait it out and basically toss the dice instead of cancelling.
    Well after 17 weeks the disappointment arrived. I am not a wood carver and the gunsmith I took it to told me to send it back because it would have cost as much to fix as it did to buy, so back it went.
    I too like their designs and agree they look fantastic when finished, just beware they have problems with the Savages.
    FROGGY