Thread: Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 NP2DD

Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 NP2DD

Nightforce 8-32 x 56 NXS NP-2DD, target dot reticle

I have the above scope on one of my 308's! As you know it has two very fine target dots!

I have adjusted this scope everyway, followed the manual, and let other "experienced" benchrest shooter try it out.

Most "DON'T" have a problem with it!

Here's mine!

I know my eyesight is not the best, but it is hard for me to focus and find my target with this scope. I am shooting at 600yds, F class target. I have tried every power and setting. I let a few friends give their opinion and set the scope (they didn't have a problem). I even have a tough time seeing at 100yds with this scope.

I KNOW IT'S MY EYESIGHT!!!!!! I often see double dots with it (the top dot only, again, adjusted it by the book). Or maybe it's time to see the eyedoctor!

I have two Swarovski AV 6-18x50 P L with the BR reticle and have NO problem with these scopes. Sometimes I use the dot instead of the cross hairs. Again, NO problems. I have used this scope at 600yds and my groups are "BETTER" with this scope.

HAS ANYBODY ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS, or does anybody have advice? I am thinking about having the reticle change to a NP-R2: Field tactical reticle. Nightforce will change the reticle for a small fee.

I have even looked at the Vortex Viper with the target reticle, but I don't know how big the target dot is or if it would be any different. Again, I have no problems using the Swarovski dots on the above 6x18 scope!
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Basic Member

Re: Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 NP2DD

I have a 1/8" minute dot on a fine wire in a target scope of mine and I will see two dots unless I wear my stronger reading glasses. I don't need glasses to read a newspaper at normal distances but if I have anything within 6" of my eye I have to use reading glasses.
    Frank

One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

I will certaintly try this out!!!!!!

Talk to your eye doctor. Hopefully not just one of those "1 Hour" places in the mall...

There are distance glasses, close up reading glasses, and also "computer" glasses. The computer glasses are for focusing a bit farther away than regular reading glasses. Talk to your eye doctor about your vision needs while shooting. My prescription shooting (safety) glasses are bi-focal, but I'm only using the "distance" part of the lense when I'm shooting.

I have a Leupold scope with a thin wire cross and small center dot. With my eyesight it is worthless to me. I put it on my daughter's 22 rifle (yes it's a Savage ;D )

I'm using the NP-R1 reticle in my 12-42 BR, I haven't had any issues "seeing" with it.

Are you having trouble seeing the reticle, seeing the target image, or resolving the 2 together at the same time? These are things you should tell your eye doctor.
    12F, McGowen 6.5x284 1-8&quot; twist, Nightforce 12-42x BR<br />BVSS, McGowen barrel, 22-250 1-9&quot; twist, Nikon 6-18x<br />16 FHLSS Weather Warrior, Sinarms 257 Roberts, Pentax 3-9<br />Stevens 200, 223 bone-factory-stock, Nikon 3-9x<br />Scratch-built BVSS, LW 243 1-8&quot; twist, Viper 6.5-20x50 mil-dot

I have a 1/8" minute dot on a fine wire in a target scope of mine and I will see two dots unless I wear my stronger reading glasses. I don&#39;t need glasses to read a newspaper at normal distances but if I have anything within 6" of my eye I have to use reading glasses.
    BELIEVE IT OR NOT, I tried the above! IT WORKED! I thought I had the vision of a fifteen year old!!!!!!! I see the dot&#39;s (2) top and bottom on my Nightforce perfectly. I see the target perfectly.

I talked to another person at the gun shop today who told me he does the exact same thing when shooting, wears reading glasses!!!!!!

NOTHING is like a trip to the eye doctor, since I see so much difference with the reading glasses (PERFECT) I am still going to the eye doctor and see what he recommends while I am shooting! I can&#39;t tell you how much better this makes me feel when shooting!

Fjold, thanks for the tip ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D ::)

Matter of fact I am going shooting with several pair of glasses tommorow!

150,175, and 200&#39;s, just to see!

I just finished reloading about a 100 rounds!

Hopefully my 6.5x47L (Christmas Present) will be here in a few weeks! I just bought/ordered all the brass, primers, dies (Redding), and a few SMK&#39;s to start! Cabela&#39;s and Sinclairs are getting on a first name basis!