Just bought my second Savage. Was looking for something in .300 Win Mag to be able to get a bit longer range than my Model 10 FCP .308. I have fired over 3500 rounds thru my .308, and it still groups under 1/2 inch at 200 yards. So after looking at custom or semi custom rifles, I looked into the 110 BA. I was able to buy one plus add a high end scope for same price I would have paid for custom rifle alone. I added an IOR Valada 6x24x56 mm tactical scope , which allows me to see target very well at extremely long range. After doing the slow , tedious barrel break in process, I started to work on the accuracy end. This rifle and scope combo is capable of some fantastic shooting!! And recoil feels less than on my .308!! The weight of this thing is almost 16 pounds unloaded, so you add 2 pound plus scope and load up its probably close to 19 pounds. Add in the very effective muzzle break and you can shoot all day as long as you dont mind the muzzle blast . Do not stand to close to the side of this thing when it goes off, it will blast loose papers and cups off the next shooting bench....I am very happy with my choice and would recommend this rifle to anyone who dosnt mind the weight. So why didnt I go all the way and buy the .338 lapua version? Several reasons...one being cost of ammo. Even though I reload, I dont want or need the added expense of brass , bullets and powder compared to .300 winmag. Also availability of ammo is better, including bullet selection for reloads is vastly better in .308 dia compared to .338. And there are only a few places I can really get a chance to shoot much past 1000 yards where I live. 400 yards is about max for most places around here. Oh, the scope is sooooo awesome...I have never owned a scope as good as this one. I have had several good 300-500 dollar scopes, but this one just is light years ahead of all I have had before. So far have shot some 1/2 inch 200 yard groups with my handloads, and as lot of hits on steel pig at 400 yards, but will be trying some longer distance shots soon.