Hey guys, I am completely new to the Savage world, 1st time with a 7mm. I'd like to pick some of your brains and just ask for some thoughts and opinions. Also my first brand new out of the box rifle.

Well like I mentioned the cherry is popped and the rifle that did it is a 116 Weather Warrior 7mm Rem Mag, Accustock and trigger.
On top I mounted a Nikon Monarch 3.5-12 42 using DNZ game reaper mounts.

I'm not going to get to fire this baby until Wed, so what am I in for?

I've read plenty about the tack driving potential of a Savage , which is what made me take the leap, that and my stepson has been talking them up as the best bang for the buck.

I guess right now I just want to know if you guys can offer any advise on anything to add to make this rifle "better". I know I need to put some lead downrange first but just asking for some advise on things to keep in mind or look for later. i.e.: should I tear it down, oil, check all bolts/screws inside out are tightened? Anyone know if these guns "prefer" any specific types of ammo?

On a separate note, I also went ahead and picked my stepson up a 'Trophy Hunter' 308 packaged with a Nikon 3.9 40 scope. It has the accutrigger but not the Accustock. Would tossing on a featherweight Boyd thumbhole stock make a big difference in accuracy over the standard stock? Same question for 7mag.