Thread: well i am 5 for 5 with my savage weather warrior .308

kippo

well i am 5 for 5 with my savage weather warrior .308

last season when i got my new savage i took a 58 lb coyote running across one of our green fields. the next dad i took a doe at 120 yds on the last doe day. the last day of the season i took a small 4 pt at 175yds. i was very happy with my savage.

about a month before gun season i took the savage out and she was stringing shots. something happened to the scope. sent it back and they replaced it. put the new one back on and my groups were over 5 in at 100yds.

did the whole scope break in thing and remounted action in the accu stock. with hornady 150gr btsp loaded with 43gr my groups off a rolled up jacket were just under a inch. i was ecstatic.

hit the woods the next morning for opening day gun season. hunting from a old ladder stand by 0630 i had 2 does come out on the logging road. the smaller walked right to my stand looking at me the whole time. she literally walked around my stand watching me for 10 mins. i was going to let her walk but it became personal.

there was a bigger doe about 85yds behind her and the smaller finally walked away from me and they were standing face to face with the bigger looking towards me. something caused her to look back over her shoulder and then she turned broad side and i let it rip. she jumped and ran straight into the woods. the smaller froze for just a second and then ran the opposite direction. chambered another and She slowed up at the only clear shot i had and i nailed her.

both deer ran about 50 yds each. one dbl lung the other dbl lung and heart.

complete pass through on both with great blood trails.

as soon as photo bucket stops acting up ill get pictures posted.

Basic Member
    Aint nothin better than pulling a double, congratulations!

Basic Member
    What did you mean when you said "the whole scope break in thing"? This is something I've never heard of.

kippo

kippo, I'm glad your enjoying your .308 weather warrior and good job on your hunting. Thank you for posting up that link, it is a good read.

Dan

Basic Member
    Thanks for the link. An interesting and educational read. Added to my key bookmarks.