Thread: powder scals ????????? with one ?????????

M.O.A.

powder scals ????????? with one ?????????

I looking for a new powder scale I want the best I can get for under $100 and I would prefer an A/C model .

acemisser
    good luck with that....

helotaxi
    I've been using a Lyman 1000 for the last 5 years. It isn't under $100 anymore but is close and mine has served me well. If you look at the reviews on Midway, 2.5 stars is about the best you'll find for any digital scale regardless of price. It seems you either get a good one or a bad one straight away.

Basic Member

I would have more faith in a balance beam version, than a low end electronic one.

Tanks Dean

Quote Originally Posted by acemisser View Post
    good luck with that....
    +1

Use a PPM and be done with it
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

M.O.A.
    ok i dont want a another beam scale and i should have said around a $100 bucks im looking at three right now the rcbs 750 rangemaster, the lyman 1500XP, and hornadays lock-n-load bench scale out of the three witch one would be the best. ive heard great things out of the rcbs and im leaning that way

sharpshooter6
    I'll stick with my Redding beam. Gravity never fails.

Samdweezel05
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter6 View Post
    I'll stick with my Redding beam. Gravity never fails.
    Over the last 8 years and better than 100,000 rounds loaded, my RCBS chargemaster has never thrown a charge that has been +/- .1gr. It's a bit over $100 but it pays for it's self in the time it saves.

M.O.A.
    thanks for your help guys i think im going to give the RCBS a try ;-}

loneranger04
    I've got the RCBS Chargemaster and the 1500 scales and they work great. I also have a set of 10/10 balance beam scales and they are fine but I really love my electric scales. My friend bought a set of the cheap scales (franford Arsenal I think) and I wasn't impressed. I think your idea of buying the RCBS is a good idea. By the way, love my chargemaster.

pitsnipe
    Quote Originally Posted by M.O.A. View Post
    thanks for your help guys i think im going to give the RCBS a try ;-}
    Went from a beam to the electronic. Faster and much easier to read (gotta love LCD (sept when its cold :) And cant go wrong with the RCBS. Have had mine a couple of years. I do cut the power to the transformer (plugged into a power strip) when not in use to save the wear on it as well.
    Good luck.

M.O.A.
    thanks thats a good tip ;-}

acemisser
    Well,not sure how the Hornadys are now..Afew years ago I had one of theirs and after a couple
    of days it quit..I sent it back and they sent it back..Same thing again,it quit....So back it goes and they sent it back again.
    It worked a little while longer and quit again...I send it to the junk yard then..Have had a RCBS since and it still works great.

M.O.A.
    ace your not the first i have heard that from it was last on my list anyways

MOA I have used the RCBS electronic system since they came out (still using the same one) and aside from the scale occasionaly reading +/- .1 of desired load or having the old style floresent lighting in my reloading room interupting it I would not recommend anything else.
    It is slow but it is also accurate, I always check on the beam scale to be sure.From what I've been told the newer models can be programed to speed up but I'm retired so I got the time and it keeps me out of sight and out of mind for " honey do's).
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

supergolfer18
    Strange no one mentioned the Gem Pro 250. I have heard nothing but great things about it and I will be getting one probably soon. .02 resolution and can be A/C or battery operated.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supergolfer18 View Post
    Strange no one mentioned the Gem Pro 250. I have heard nothing but great things about it and I will be getting one probably soon. .02 resolution and can be A/C or battery operated.
    I'm with you super. I throw a charge a little light and then trickle the rest into the Gem Pro. If you want fast, go with the +/- .1 (and pay more), but you want that last little bit of accuracy .02 is even better.
    Last edited by JackinSD; 11-15-2012 at 08:31 AM.

loneranger04
    +1 for the RCBS chargemaster. I've been extremely pleased with mine. I also have an old Ohause 1010 balance beam and it's ok but my RCBS is fast and accurate and very repeatable. I've had mine for 7 or 8 years and it works great.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scope eye View Post
    I would have more faith in a balance beam version, than a low end electronic one.

Tanks Dean
    ditto!!
    i'm still using my RCBS beam scale i have had since the mid-70's. works great and is dependable.

M.O.A.
    thanks for all you help guys i just ordered a RCBS rangemaster $120.35 to my door ;-}

ill let you know how the first use goes when it gets here