I had tried bedding an action on an old bvss stock I had around using JB Weld. It turned out ok, but the real challenge was the fear of the first time bedding job.

We some how I changed that action to a new stock. Then I bought a project gun for the action to mount in the old stock.

Somehow even though both are long actions, the new action doesnt sit right in the bedding. It seems like it is tilted off center in the old bedding job, and the recoil lug sits somewhat forward of the old recoil lug bedding. In short since it doesnt fit right, I get to bed another action!!

I had been looking around for some Devcon, and found it at the usualy outdoor supply places (midway, brownells, etc...). I hate ordering from those places because of the shipping costs. I was out and about for work and found that Graingers carries Devcon. It ended up costing me $49 for a 1 lb tub. (Thank you military discount!)

So, now I have to go through the process of dremeling out the old bedding, taking the trigger off the action and bedding this. I will try to remember to take pictures of this process and post them here.