Thread: Old style 110 trigger issues/questions

sortafast

Old style 110 trigger issues/questions

So I have the trigger assembly on my receiver like the one here: http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...ger-Adjustment

I want to upgrade to an aftermarket trigger. Does anyone know if the new style triggers and associated parts will fit in an old style receiver? Or am I hosed?

Basic Member
    some will some wont. The rifle basix sav-1 will, as will the sss trigger.

The cheapest route would be to buy a complete trigger assembly with a 3-screw trigger. It will have everything you need. I just got one for $35 on LRH.

You'll also need most of the newer style trigger/safety parts if you go with the Basix or SSS.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

sortafast
    Cool, so I just buy the sear and all the little bits then slap a rifle basix in there and then would be good to go? I need to do some modifications to the receiver to get the DBM to work with it and want to make sure before I get crazy with the mill that I can get a trigger that will work. Its either that or sell the action and get a new one that will work.

For a Basix or SSS, you'll also need the safety, safety cross pin, trigger bracket, and sear.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

stangfish
    Quote Originally Posted by sortafast View Post
    .... or sell the action and get a new one that will work.
    This ^

sortafast
    Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    This ^
    I would prefer to avoid buying another action, if all it would take is a few bucks in replacement parts. But if that won't work, then how much would this action be worth?

Basic Member
    It simply will not be cost effective. I have one of the first generation rifles and it will stay as is.

kevin_stevens
    I would prefer to avoid buying another action, if all it would take is a few bucks in replacement parts. But if that won't work, then how much would this action be worth?
    You haven't really described what the problem is with the trigger you've got. What's the trouble you're trying to fix?

KeS

I bought my last pre-67 action for $25. After a $80 score on a complete bolt, $15 for a new magazine and follower, and a $35 complete trigger assembly it was ready for barrel swapping.

sortafast
    problem is that the trigger is too short top to bottom by about 1/4" so its weird when put into the stock. Also, no matter how I adj it, I can't get it nearly as clean as the 110E Series K I used to have. So I want to put in an aftermarket trigger or even a newer style factory trigger. Since this is going to be for a long range gun I want a good trigger for it. From talking with fred as SSS I just need a sear, sear spring, trigger bracket/housing and I think a safety. Should be less than $50 in parts, then buy an aftermarket trigger and I would be in business.

I called and talked to fred over at SSS last week with the very same question. he said I would need the sear, safety, etc to use his trigger and could supply all the parts. He did say that the lever on the sear you push down to remove the bolt is longer on the new guns than on the old and that it would probably have to be ground down to fit the cutout on the receiver. He was very nice and I enjoyed talking to him a lot. I decided that since I knew I could get replacement parts I'd screw around with my trigger to see if I could get it where I needed it and buy his parts after I screwed it up. Lo and behold a day later I had a very nice trigger. no creep, about a pound, and didn't do anything funny when I jarred it around a bit. That said, there is no way I would trust it chambered and ready to fire by standing in front of it and having somebody tap on the rear of the gun...... But for a bench gun I like it. I can always back the engagement screw out a bit if I decided I need it safer.

problem is that the trigger is too short top to bottom by about 1/4" so its weird when put into the stock. Also, no matter how I adj it, I can't get it nearly as clean as the 110E Series K I used to have. So I want to put in an aftermarket trigger or even a newer style factory trigger. Since this is going to be for a long range gun I want a good trigger for it. From talking with fred as SSS I just need a sear, sear spring, trigger bracket/housing and I think a safety. Should be less than $50 in parts, then buy an aftermarket trigger and I would be in business.