Thread: Magazine Question

HBOY

Magazine Question

I have just purchased a Mark II TRR-SR 22LR. I have read where sometimes the magazine might cause feeding problems and that a solution would be to add springs. My question is how do you get the magazine apart to add the springs? The sad thing is I first purchased a CZ 455 and was having some trouble with feeding the shells. After trying 3 different magazines I decided to trade for the Savage. Now it appears that I am having the same trouble but not as bad. I thought I would try adding the springs if I could figure out how to take it apart. Thanks.

thomae
    I carefully pried off the bottom metal. You have to bend it just a bit, and then you can slide it out. Bend it back later.

JCalhoun
    A lot of the magazine feeding issues can be remedied by tweaking the feed lips with needle nose pliers.

HBOY
    Thanks guys.

HBOY
    After thinking about it, I decided first to contact Savage before trying to take the clip apart, because with my luck I would mess the clip up and then be up a creek. They offered to send a clip and try it. After receiving the clip, it will not lock in. If I pull the bolt back and then insert the clip it works or if I just insert 4 shells into the clip it will work. I have not had any misalignments with it but what is the problem now? The clip that came with the gun locks fine. Thanks for any suggestions and a Happy Thanksgiving to all.

JCalhoun
    Cheap made clip. They're just stamped sheet metal.

I went through 3 mags. all 5 round and have had issues with all 3, bullets pop out in rapid fire before I can even put it in the gun. I tried the lip adj. no help. I ended up replacing with a 10 rounder and so far so good. Wish there was a single shot adapter for it.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

JCalhoun
    I imagine you could make one with some ingenuity and perspiration.