Put down a critter at about 250 yards with the stock package rifle and scope. Impressive shot. He hit the boiler room, but was a little behind where he'd aimed.
Said the trigger was HEAVY. Knew it at sight in, but figured out in the field it wouldn't be noticeable. It was.

Uncle Mark being a Savage guy was immediately asked about the trigger. Told them mine are much older, and not familiar with the Axis'. Also said I know a site where advice (and BS) is free and plentiful. :)

I'd replaced my factory 16's with a Rifle Basix many years ago, extremely pleased with it, and also perused the trigger spring mod on the site. Can't remember the author, but seemed easy enough. Chatter indicates accu-triggers currently aren't available.

My brother in law and nephew are casual hunters, the rifle comes out opening day of season, and is retired when tags are filled, so safety is of the utmost concern with a recommendation. They aren't opposed to a new trigger, but free (spring job) would be their preferred option.