Thread: Been awhile, what's new/available to restock a 12FCV?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Been awhile, what's new/available to restock a 12FCV?

Ok, it's been at least 6 years (when i sold my 12FV) since I last investigated any aftermarket parts for Savage rifles. But as of thursday My wife, at my suggestion, has a 12FCV on order at our LGS. So of course i'm looking into what is currently available, and well recomended in the way of aftermarket stocks.

Last time i knew anything about Savage stock upgrades, the only options were B&C, Stockade, and Sharp Shooter Supply for something "Drop-in" with pillars or a bedding block, and for those more hardy, talented, patient, or posessing a well equipped woodshop, among us Richard's. And none of them was making a centerfeed stock yet, not even sure if the centerfeed was out yet.

Anyway, what are the available options for the possible restocking of a current generation 12FCV? And among those options which ones are more well thought of or recomended and why?

about the only criteria that i can think of at the moment that a given stock design would have to pass, are fairly easy. and are as follows
    • must have pillars or bedding block (this is My requirement since i'll be the one to do any work short of a Time and True job)
    • Must be available in fairly subdued color schemes, Trisha has a distinct distaste for flashy or "Girly" (her word) colors/decoration
    • Again in trisha's words "Must look like a gunstock, Not a 2x6 or boat paddle"

well that's about all i can think to ask/say. thank you for your time and any info you care to pass along.
    Last edited by Detritus; 12-24-2012 at 10:31 AM.