I just bought my first Savage and am having some issues with it so I thought someone here may have some insight. I purchased a Savage Trophy Hunter XP in .308 with a Nikon 3x9 BDC. I took it to the range to sight it in, before which I thourougly cleaned it, and took my first shot at 100 yards. The first shot landed 7in low 3in right. I then adjusted up 28 clicks left 12 clicks the next shot was four inches left and 8in low. I thought how in the heck is that possible? Im a fairly experienced shooter and was shooting from a sled. The best group I could get with 2 types of ammo (remmington core lokt 150gr and federal fusion 165gr) was probably 4moa. Furious I left the range and returned yesterday with Hornady SST 150gr. They instantly were grouping <1moa. The scope adjustments I made still had me confused though. I shot a 3 shot group a bit high (1/2in) then took it down two clicks at which point the following 3 shots were 3in low. I took it one click back up and it was tearing up the xring punching out the bulls eye. First of all is it possible that the ammunition made that much of a difference in grouping? Also is it possible that part of my problem is a finicky scope where the adjustments i was making werent reading true? Ive never had a gun that particular on ammo. Thoughts?