Thread: Savage Muzzleloader 10ML

mysavagerifle

Savage Muzzleloader 10ML

Anyone have one of these rifles? Whats your experience with it? What kind of groups are they capable of? Too bad its not offered in stainless anymore. Ive been looking arround for a possible new muzzleloader and like the idea of easy clean up of smokeless powder. Im usually a T/C guy but i feel their qualty has went down since S&W buy out. Hopefully it was or is a temporary faze with them but its made me look at other options. I got a t/c triumph ad it was a pain to find a good bullet. I finally got a load that works after much time and money. I like weathershield but it does nothing for the bore and I prefer stainless. If you dont watch it they will rust fast in the bore. My triumph started serface rusting in the bore before my gun was even at room temp, after misty hunt last year.

Team Savage
    I was a Encore lover before I went to Savage 10 ML. Better performance, less mess and very accurate for a ML. Would never go back to black powder.

[QUOTE=jpdown Better performance, less mess and very accurate for a ML. Would never go back to black powder.[/QUOTE]

+1 I have had mine for about 10 years or so and it has accounted for a fox and a couple of Deer.

mlk3454
    I love my ML-II. I have taken several deer with it and never needed to reload for a second shot. I use the Hornady SST with the black MMP sabots and IMR4759. My longest is 184 yards ranged and closest at 41 yards ranged. My only complaint is when hunting in December in NY it can get pretty cold and handling the 209 primers can be a royal PITA with gloves on.

That said, I am sad that it seems Savage discontinued the 10-ML.