Thread: CAn Staggerfeed 111 receiver be milled to accept factory DBM

Maxxwell86

CAn Staggerfeed 111 receiver be milled to accept factory DBM

I have a 111 in 30-06 with a stagger feed blind mag. I don't have a centerfeed action to compare against so I would like to know if anyone has milled out their receiver to accept factory bottom metal and DBM? I have screwed the bottom metal to my barreled action and placed the DBM up against the receiver so I can see where the fit needs correcting to allow the rear mag catch on the bottom metal to accept the DBM. Just want to make sure I am not overlooking some other major receiver difference.

I have access to a mill and I have taken a few gunsmithing classes through an adult ed program a few years ago, sporterized 93 mausers etc. so I am familiar with machining on firearms.

Got your PM. Long action is an easy one since the action screws are the same distance apart.

All you have to do is lengthen the opening to match the DBM. That's about the only difference between the SF and CF long actions.

Look at some of my even older pictures of when I made a 338 Edge repeater, I did basically what you are asking about.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Maxxwell86
    Does anyone have a dimensioned drawing for the mag well opening on a long action DBM. I live in western Washington. Would like to meet up with someone with a LA so I can compare the two and take some measurements with my calipers. I will post pics of the procedure since this is a popular topic.