Thread: Stockade Gun Stocks Bedding?

Basic Member

Stockade Gun Stocks Bedding?

Do the stocks from Stockade with the "internal aluminum skeleton" need to be bedded? They claim that their stocks are "drop in". Please forgive my ignorance, but I am fairly new to this aftermarket stock game.

helotaxi
    Need? Probably not, but they *might* benefit from it. The stocks that I have of a similar design (B&C Medalists) are shooting tiny groups without bedding.

Basic Member
    Thanks, Helo. That's good to hear.

Basic Member
    Bedding will never hurt. What is your definition of need? Do you need an aftermarket stock? I do not own a rifle that is not bedded. Either way one of Kevin's stock will be a huge improvement over the tupperware that comes with most Savages.

Basic Member
    I guess what I should have said was will bedding improve the accuracy of a rifle riding in a stock with an aluminum bedding block. Or is that the advantage of the bedding block - not needing to bed the stock. I'm trying to decide on my upgrade stock and want to make sure I'm comparing apples to apples. Thanks for your help.

Basic Member

Re: Stockade Gun Stocks Bedding?

In my opinion all stocks should be bedded. Aluminum bedding blocks just make a better, more solid bedding platform.

helotaxi
    The bedding block takes the place of pillars and you can still skim bed over that.

haliaetus
    In my experience, I have one Stockade that fits my action and recoil lug like a glove and one that needs some attention around the lug. The one that needs attention is the OTM "money saver," so I expected to need to do this. I also have noticed that on the same rifle, which is the new center-feed, that I will need to bed or shim below the magazine box assembly because it sits too low and I am having feeding issues. I wish I could convert to stagger-feed; center-feed sucks.