Thread: MK II BV as first Savage rifle?

LDB415

Question MK II BV as first Savage rifle?

I just bought a new 10/22-RB today, originally with the intent of maybe getting the target model and fixing it up. I decided to go with the basic model and probably stick with iron sights. I'm thinking now about a MK II BV as a longer range gun, putting good glass on it and maybe sighting it at 100 yards.

Anyone get the MK II BV as their first Savage? Any/all thoughts on that model as a long (in rimfire terms) range rifle? Thoughts on what would be the best choice in glass for a somewhat older guy with major astigmatism and mediocre eyesight overall? Thanks for any and all input.

shaman
    I assume you are looking for a .22LR? With the right ammo, and right bottom metal screw settings it should do well for you. If the stock isn't what you like, there are several others available to fit you.

LDB415
    Yes, 22LR. What is the bottom screw setting you mentioned?

squawsach
    Get the MkII BV. I think you will enjoy it. As far as scopes go, you don't have to break the bank to get a nice rimfire scope. Try one of these
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/119...-reticle-matte get a good set of rings, find the ammo it likes, and have fun.