After dog cussing Savage for not being able to make a rifle they've been producing nearly 40 years, to actually feed and eject cartridges, well, I've returned to the fold. Not all in mind you, just enough to satisfy my desire to tinker without causing me to go on a murderous rampage. I recently bought a model 10 Precision Carbine with the 5R barrel. I installed a Burris 6.5X-20X-50 on it. The accuracy has only been marginal even compared to my pencil barreled Ruger M77 with only a 3X-9X scope on it. Yesterday I got a .650" 5 shot group out of the M77 while the best the P.C. has done for 5 shots is .800" but that was with 125 grain bullets and most 150gr and 168gr loads are 1.5"-3" in size. Does anyone out there have any tried and true loads for a 5R P.C.? Should I try some heavier bullets even with the 1:11.25" twist? I realized each rifle is an entity unto itself, but your good experience may also translate into my good experience. As Col. Townsend said "Only accurate rifles are interesting", and I'm losing interest in this one fast.