Thread: An introduction

turnquij

An introduction

Hello everyone,

Long time lurker now a member. Thank you to all that have ever posted DIY & technical info, I wish I had the talent that many of you have, with that said I am ok with a bit of drool running down my chin as I look over many of the pics.
    I'm in my fourty's have a wonderful family and will absolutely do what I need to do to get out and hunt or shoot. I am a new owner of a MKII, but not new to savage for I also have a 93 in 22mag.

I am considering a replacement stock, the plastic just feels like s@#t. I have looked at: Rhineland, Boyds, Richards, Revolution & SSS. I know that I want something that would be comfortable carrying afield yet solid when shooting from a bench. Some of the manufacturers I have eliminated do to cost, would like to keep cost around $125.
    If any of you wouldn't mind please share your thoughts, Oh i'd be ok with a previously cared for stock where one as moved on to better.

Thanks again
    Jim

BRIAN G
    I feel you on the tupperware stocks. Most of them shoot just fine, but I hate the way they look and feel.

I have one of the laminated thumbholes from Stocky's on my Stevens 200 .223 that was the predecessor to the Revolution, I think. While heavy, that stock is really nice. It's beautifully finished, my barreled action dropped right in, all the holes for the bottom metal lined up perfectly. The folks at Stocky's were really easy to deal with too. I wouldnt hesitate to reccomend them.

I'm shopping for a .22 right now myself, and I'll be going through this very same excercise soon.

turnquij
    Thanks Brian G, should I make my decision and purchase before you I will share my thoughts on the product.

Jim

JCalhoun
    I have and like the SSS and Boyds. I tried a Richards several years ago and was seriously disappointed. Very long wait and it looked like it made with a chainsaw. I have never heard of the others.