Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help my Congradulate Fred Moreo for finishing 3rd place in the NBRSA Eastern Finale!!

82boy

Help my Congradulate Fred Moreo for finishing 3rd place in the NBRSA Eastern Finale!!

Help my Congradulate Fred Moreo (Sharp Shooter.) for finishing 3rd place in the NBRSA Eastern Finale!! Fred finished in 3rd place, (Out of a field of some of the best Benchrest shooters in the Eastern Division.) in 100 yard heavy gun. Fred did this with a barrowed Savage rifle that he built for a customer. (Also the only Savage shot in this competition.) Fred also shot small group of the match with a .169 100 yard group. Fred said this was the first time he has shot a registered short range match in over 26 years.
    Great job Fred!!!!!!
    Last edited by 82boy; 10-27-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Not to shabby!

what cal?
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Congrats!!!

82boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Avenger View Post
    Not to shabby!
    what cal?
    6PPC

82boy
    Fred, also remember to check the crown.

Great Accomplishment Fred, Congradulations. Was that Pat's gun you borrowed?

Team Savage
    outstanding

drybean

thomae
    Way to go!

Basic Member
    Congratulations!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Great Accomplishment Fred, Congradulations. Was that Pat's gun you borrowed?
    He wishes it was his gun. Today I placed 3rd in light gun 200 yds.(it was a 2 day match) Had a lot of guys talking about they couldn't believe a Savage action BR gun could be competitive. I got their attention now.
    Thanks for your support
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Congradulations again!

358Hammer
    Way to go Fred!

Neal

Congrats Fred!

Ya know what they say though, what good is this thread without posting pictures....atleast of the gun.........LOL
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    Nicely done Fred.
    Show 'em what a good rifle can do with the right man behind the trigger...

Best of luck to you on the next one.

Frank in Fla.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

Congrats
    12 LRP .204, 200 .243 project rifle. (action), 116 SS action, 200 270

Basic Member

The light is kinda bad, after all it was a brutal day for weather. The barrel is a Krieger, the stock is a Tom Meredith and the scope is a Leupold 45. The winds were gusty from 20 to 30 mph, and so switchy it was hard to get more than 2 shots off in the same condition. You just had to have patience and wait for the condition to come back...if it would come back. On the last 2 targets I had 2 shots to go and my patience was growing thin waiting for it to come back....it felt like the stool was burning a hole in my a$$.

Team Savage

Cool

And the "Big Boys" think a Savage isn't as good as a full custom? That's one way to show them. And who better to show them how it's done than Fred Moreo? Good job!!

82boy
    What no picture from the other side? If you look on the other side of his rifle you will see a wood wall. This is a new product out from a new company, that is sweeping the benchrest comunity. The product is called DE-FLECT-O-MATIC and it is made by deflectech Enterprizes LLC. (Try doing a Google search for more information.) This little gem, keep from launching case off the bench, or at the shooter on the other bench. This company is growing, and will be offereing other products, in the near future. Keep you eyes open for this company.

Good job Fred! Glad to see another person doing well with a Savage in the BR sports; it gives me hope for my .30 BR I have in the works

Question for ya... one of the commonly cited 'problems' with using a Savage in formal BR is that the action, even after truing & timing, isn't as light or as smooth as a full custom action which supposedly makes it difficult to 'run' the conditions as fast as those actions. Did you run a given condition, or did you read/adjust for the conditions changes as you went?

JCalhoun
    Congrats Fred!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by memilanuk View Post
    Good job Fred! Glad to see another person doing well with a Savage in the BR sports; it gives me hope for my .30 BR I have in the works

Question for ya... one of the commonly cited 'problems' with using a Savage in formal BR is that the action, even after truing & timing, isn't as light or as smooth as a full custom action which supposedly makes it difficult to 'run' the conditions as fast as those actions. Did you run a given condition, or did you read/adjust for the conditions changes as you went?
    I've never had a problem running in conditions that were steady, I commonly can get 5 shots off in less than 30 seconds. I do that all the time in long range. This situation was different for the fact it was so switchy the conditions would not hold over 5 seconds at times. Plenty of times I got 2 shots off with holes touching, then the condition would do an about face and I had to wait it out. After the first 3 targets I came to the conclusion that in the 7 minute firing period it seemed like you would get 6 golden opportunities to get 5 bullets down range in the same condition. So you did not want to waste any opportunities, nor think too long. On the last 2 targets the opportunities dropped to about 4, so I had to hold for the "not quite there" conditions and hope for the best. That actually worked well, until the last target when I got confused and impatient and held in the opposite direction. That turned a .500 group into a 1.129, which was still smaller than most shot on that relay.
    On a few of the targets, I went back to the sighter to see results of the second most prominent condition, and by the time I got back to the record target, it would change back, so then on I would not gamble a sighter shot because of the loss in time and opportunity.

82boy
    Here is Jack Neary's report on the event.
    http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?...l-Finale-Match!

Team Savage
    AN congrads to you Pat

drybean

82boy
    Quote Originally Posted by drybean View Post
    AN congrads to you Pat
    drybean
    Thank you,

Basic Member
    Great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast