Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird markings on fired brass

MrMajestic

Dang C1, that looks terrible! I'd think the Manufacturer would want that back. JMHO

cast1
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMajestic View Post
    Dang C1, that looks terrible! I'd think the Manufacturer would want that back. JMHO
    I guess stuff happens. I never thought to take a look into the chamber before I installed and shot it. I was too busy looking at the rifling. I have been instructed to send the barrel back to Shilen. I am glad to give them a chance to make it right, which I'm sure they will. You will hear about it, one way or the other.

northlander
    I just got off the phone with Shilen advising them of your photo's. The photo of the chamber is excellent. It does show the shoulder area and should help Shilen to better understand what they need to look into.

Jim Briggs
    NSS

MrMajestic
    Jim's on it, good for you C1! Jim is a great guy to have on your side.

cast1
    Thanks Jim,

Talked with Jennifer who inspected my barrel. They offered to replace it. I'll follow up when I get it back.

cast1
    Well, I got a nice surprise. I got a UPS shipping notification from Shilen Rifles saying that my barrel is scheduled for delivery tomorrow! That's less than a two week turnaround for a brand new barrel. Not bad, not bad. I'm quite sure I will be happy with this one. Thanks Jim and Jennifer at Shilen for helping your customer. You're only buying yourself more business.

Brian

BeatCJ
    Did they say what had caused the problem?

acemisser
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatCJ View Post
    Did they say what had caused the problem?
    yeah man what was the results on this barrel..Is it corrected or not we want to know about it...thanks

acemisser
    I would like to see this poster tell us what he found out the problem was with his rifle...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12