Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 110 Light primer Strikes

GodandGunsCowboy

Quote Originally Posted by nwkman View Post
    If you have changed the trigger and don't have enough over travel adjusted in will cause light strikes.
    It's bone stock as far as I know. The trigger is heavy and breaks about midway through the pull.

GodandGunsCowboy
    Lot on the ammo was 29487, or at least I think it is, it's the only number on the box besides the upc which is 47700-05350

375Win
    Send it to a qualified gunsmith, I appoligize for trying to help .
    Last edited by 375Win; 11-05-2012 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Flack

thomae
    Quote Originally Posted by 375Win View Post
    For headspace issues just put a piece or two of scotch tape on the head of the case, if you can feel the bolt close a little stiffer it is with in specs.
    That can be true, but not necessarily so. Would you please take the time to elaborate on your post so you are not spreading what some might see as a possibly dangerous sweeping generalization.

375Win
    See above have given a better explanation to the problem.

stangfish
    #1 Just to see if it is a sticky firing pin spray some Kroil or other penetrating fluid around the firing pin at the bolthead. Work the bolt and dry fire. Test. If that fixes it then dissassemble, clean, lubricate with proper lubricant, reassemble, test. Works Yea! Does not work go to #2
    #2 Check to see if headspace is good. Test safety mechanism unloaded. Place a piece of scotch tape on the cartridge face, trim access around edges, pointing the rifle downrange with the safety on try to chamber the round and close bolt. If it does not close, Yea...your headspace is good. Test fire fails go to #3 If it closes try a second piece. If it closes you are probably at your limit at a minimum and may need to see a gunsmith.
    #3 Using a depth mic, dial caliper or other suitable means, Check the distance that the firing pin protrudes from the face of the bolthead. It should be in the specs from the link above. If so...Yea! If not fix it or see a gunsmith.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12