Thread: stevens 200 ??????

GA-SURVEYOR

stevens 200 ??????

hello I recently bought a stevens in 7mm-08 with the intention of building a 243 loosely along the lines of the savage predator (weight wise) I need help knowing what stock will fit the action it is a center feed the mag is attached to the stock. I would like something say $225 or less in synthetic but am not totally opposed to a laminate. Also is it a pain to mount the mag in the new stock so that it feeds correctly and does not put stress on the action? Also because this is my first build would I be better off going with a alum bedded stock? or is a glass bedded duramax just as good. (not sure about my bedding skills)
    Also can anyone tell me what barrel profile I should use I do plan on going a little longer than the predator with a 24" barrel

Thanks for any responses I will also have a brand new never fired 7mm-08 barrel for sale as soon as I get an action wrench as well as the factory stock

Re: stevens 200 ??????

Welcome aboard. First off, a Duramax will not fit cause they dont make them for the centerfeeds.. Dont know why cause they'd sell alot of them. If you want something close to it look at the link I put in the classifieds(hot deals around the web). Theres a new Stockade woodchuck for $180, which is a better stock than the Duramax anyway.

Any other short action stock for a centerfeed will fit.You can check in the vendore classified under Stocky's stocks. They have alot of different stocks to offer.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

GA-SURVEYOR

Re: stevens 200 ??????

thanks for the help does anyone know what contour I would need to match or (get close) to that of the predator

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.