Thread: Any updates on the Rem-Age barrels

blom

Any updates on the Rem-Age barrels

I recently picked up a Remmy 700 SA with the 223 bolt face and was thinking of trying one of NSS barrels, so how are they working out for you. From the previous posts they seem good to go.
    Thanks in advance
    Stu

savage99nut
    I've got a 700SA with a 6BR rem-age barrel, shoots awsome. The first 5 shots during break in were all touching at 100 yds.

Stretchin the limits
    Lets just say Criterion Barrels Rock. I have had my hands on, shot, and built a lot of the Rem/age and savage's. I haven't had any that didn't shoot. There is nothing you do to the action in my opinion to hurt it. If you look at some, not all custom action, they are slotted for a pinned recoil lug. The biggest thing i think is to get the lugs lapped where they have good even contact with the action. If you go with a good match grade recoil lug you shouldnt have any trouble. (I dont know if anyone else makes a recoil lug because i just use NSS lugs). I have stretched them out too a mile, won shoots, helped other people, punched paper, and laid to rest big and small game. The farest coyote with rem/age was 1006, next was 759 yards. They fit in a standard rem 700 stock with very little stock mods, the one thing that you have to do is make a recess where the pin on the recoil hits the stock on the bottom of the action.

catfish
    im wondering also. i need to email criterion and find out about their 22-250 reamer, id really like a tight neck

northlander
    The Criterion 22-250 chamber calls for a .255 neck diameter. These are designed for a no turn neck. They are not sloppy but they do not require you to neck turn prior to loading.

Jim Briggs
    NSS

HOYTPRO2001
    Jim, what about a 22-6mm or the AI version?