Thread: AXIS / EDGE mounting bolt hole spacing.

Basic Member

AXIS / EDGE mounting bolt hole spacing.

the search function didn't produce any results on the topic, can anyone confirm the stock / receiver mounting bolt hole spacing?
    thinking about a low dollar SBR .243 project, and wanted to replace the stock .

thanks
    a craftsman can't realize his full potential, without finding the potential of the tools he uses....

Team Savage
    not sure but i think its 4.8

drybean

Basic Member
    its 4.78
    RSG

Team Savage
    sorry forgot to put the 7 in

drybean

Basic Member
    ok, thanks, the SA spacing is longer on the axis / edge than on the 10 / stevens actions?
    a craftsman can't realize his full potential, without finding the potential of the tools he uses....

Basic Member
    Its funny I drilled that last nite.
    Top predator hope this will help. I now remove the trigger off the action, after I cut the barrel channel and the recoil lug groove. I will install a cone point set screw in the hole next to the recoil lug and install the lug in the stock groove. Place the action in the stock lining up with the lug. the set screw will mark the hole location. Next I made a long screw by removing the hex head off a 3 inch long .25-28 screw, replace the set screw with the long screw and place the cone set screw to the next hole and repete. I apologizing for any misspelled words, bad or run-on sentences and fat fingers as I type.
    RSG

And Drybean I love your Custom BR Axis.

Basic Member
    I was typing as you posted your next question sorry. The axis has a spacing of is own. Are you planning on making or buying a stock?
    RSG

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by RSG View Post
    Its funny I drilled that last nite.
    Top predator hope this will help. I now remove the trigger off the action, after I cut the barrel channel and the recoil lug groove. I will install a cone point set screw in the hole next to the recoil lug and install the lug in the stock groove. Place the action in the stock lining up with the lug. the set screw will mark the hole location. Next I made a long screw by removing the hex head off a 3 inch long .25-28 screw, replace the set screw with the long screw and place the cone set screw to the next hole and repete. I apologizing for any misspelled words, bad or run-on sentences and fat fingers as I type.
    RSG

And Drybean I love your Custom BR Axis.
    sounds very much how i did mine
    good luck with yours
    drtbean

Basic Member
    buying one.
    i was considering either building a .243 short barreled rifle 16 or 17 inches. in the running is either a savage /stevens, rem 700, or howa 1500 action.
    depending on whatever action, thinking about the axiom, choate tacticial, or B&C medalist stock. also would like to add new bottom metal and 10 round mags.
    maybe i'll just scratch the .243, and just do with my .308 stevens 200 what i wanted to do with the proposed .243 craving