Thread: I'm the new guy..

Lt.Dan

I'm the new guy..

And here's my latest Savage. Most people would cry if they know what I had into this rifle.

I picked up this old (Jan 1998 mfg) Savage 110 in 300WM last week for a screamin deal and I have set off to build it into a long range hunter. It originally came to me with a Springfield scope and Harris 25" bipod but after those sold I started getting things together. Due to the very limited selection of stocks available (under $200) for a Savage LA I went with a Bell & Carlson Duramaxx in green/black camo, huge improvement over the factory synthetic. Then added an EGW 20MOA base and Timney 2lb trigger, once again a huge difference. My plans are too add a CDI bottom metal and detachable mag and some good glass, but due to the move and limited funding those will wait. Well, here are the pictures.

Starting.

Not finished but done for now.

I have a bolt handle coming in which should be here in the week. Next is a good set of rings too.

Team Savage
    looks great,an welcome to forum

drybean

acemisser
    that is one butt ugly rifle.....lol just kidding..Looks like your getting there...Good luck with it...John

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    Welcome aboard & I have to agree with Ace.... You're not going to be happy with that rifle. the colors all wrong, barrel too heavy, aww the list goes on. I'll PM my address & help you out. You'll be a much better person for it.

All kidding aside, that'll be a nice looking & shooting rifle when you're done. I like the tactical look. Almost all of my rifles are black / tac as I call them. Although I do occasionally mix up the bolts because they all look so similar...

Good luck with your project & don't forget a few target pics when you got 'em.

Frank in FLa
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

Lt.Dan
    Thanks everyone. It's one will probably sit up for a while until I can get some suitable glass on it. Ill throw up a thread of my Savage .308, plenty of target photos for that one haha.

Basic Member
    i like your choice of stocks, same one i have in same color! green is one of my favorite colors but i am thinking i might go with tan next time.
    welcome and enjoy the forum!

Team Savage
    LT.DAN.if you have a over run on shrimp send them my way

drybean

Lt.Dan
    Over run on shrimp?

Looks good. The win mag oughta be just the thing for your stated purpose. Hopefully long range hunting means shooting em from close to the truck with that heavy barrel :)
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Lt.Dan
    Well after toting a 240G for a few miles in different deserts I know the value of a light rifle haha. I enjoy spending time in a the woods and walking for distances, my biggest issue will be getting the deer back to the truck.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drybean View Post
    LT.DAN.if you have a over run on shrimp send them my way

drybean
    Forrest Gump reference!

Lt.Dan
    Ah haha, I got it now. I was figuring you seen the Internet bill in one of pictures and seen I lived in Gulfport, MS. We have quite a bit of shrimp here in the Gulf. But I'll only be here for a few more days until I move up to WI, I've had enou of the south.

stangfish
    He's got the fe------ver, oh he's got the fever...he's got the fever for the girl

Lt.Dan
    Just wait till I post my model 10 .308. We are past a fever haha.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.