Hello Everyone. It has been quite some time since I last posted anything or even visited the forum. Recently someone informed me of some bad press that we were receiving and I thought that I would try to address some of that and to also let you know where McGowen Precision Barrels is going.

For some there is some concern about turnaround times. McGowen Precision Barrels has been growing steadily since we opened the doors and demand is at an all time high. Unfortunately for you, the customer, this has added additional time to our turnaround. We have added a new production manager, new production software and are adding machinery that will help shorten this turnaround. A lot of times when people call to order a barrel they say "how long?" my normal answer at this time for a pre-fit is 10-12 weeks followed up by saying "this is only an estimate, it may be shorter or could be longer". We're working to help give you definate delivery dates on your orders. The other thing to keep in mind is that while other barrel companies offer different grades of barrels, we do not. If it doesn't meet our quality control standards we won't ship it and will start it over from the beginning to ensure that what you receive is the best possible barrel that can be made. Does this mean that we're perfect? No, we admit that we make mistakes sometimes, but will work with you to correct any mistakes as quickly as we possibly can. McGowen Precision Barrels is here for the long run and as we do very little print advertising we rely on word of mouth advertising to sell our products. Our goal is to make everyone that buys a barrel from us a repeat customer and basically a "word-of-mouth" salesman for the company.

There have also been some concerns about those that are reselling our barrels. We have had numerous calls from their customers requesting status on the barrel that they have ordered from them. While we feel that, in most cases, that you should go through the company that your ordered it from, we have had instances where the customer could not get ahold of them either through email or on the phone. If at any time you need status on your barrel from one of these companies and cannot get an answer from them, then by all means give us a call and we'll help you out as quickly as we can. Sometimes this means that we may have to call you back, but we will get back to you one way or another.

New things coming to McGowen Precision Barrels. We are currently working on manufacturing cut rifled barrels. They are not available yet but should be in the near future. While we won't start out doing every caliber we will start will calibers such as the 6mm, 6.5mm, 270, 7mm and 30 caliber. We will also be doing caliber such as the 458 and the 50 caliber for the lever action and muzzle loader guys. We will post on our website when they are ready to go. We are also making the Remington Pre-fit barrels too and offering our own version of the lock nut for them. Response has been really good on these barrels so far. Our sister company, American Gun Company, is getting close to the finish line on the development of their Mini Action. This will be a switch barrel rifle that can switch out from 17 Rem to 223 Rem to 300 Blackout on up to a 308 size action. Keep watching their website for availibility.

Finally, everyone should know that the owner of this company is commited to the success of this company and is very interested in the feedback from you, the customers, to help improve our products and/or service.

Thank you for your time and if at any time you have any questions, comments or concerns you can contact me directly either via the phone or by email.

Best Regards,

Dan W
McGowen Precision Barrels