Thread: 110 in its various .338 lapua offerings

Stephenthesuave

110 in its various .338 lapua offerings

New to the forums, not so new to savage. I have a 110 wood stocked in .300 WM and I'm looking to add a bit more reach to the gun locker.

I'm almost settled on getting a savage in .338 LM. I'm primarily interested in the 110 FCP HS, but may consider the 111 LRH. My question is whether the two models have the same barreled action and if not, what are the differences? It's been hard to get the specific info from spec sheets. My main concern is barrel profile and muzzle brake.

I'm excited to pick one of these up, I bought a nice scope (Nightforce) and then couldn't decide what rifle to put under it.

Thanks, all.

Piperman
    I also have been trying to determine which one would be the better one to get, I am leaning to the FCP because of the HS Precision stock, but the BA is nice, just seems to have too much on top, and you are paying for that too. I have the LRH in .260 Rem, I like it, but Accustock doesn't accept a lot of different things, also if you want to change trigger the Accustock apparently interferes with that.

I hope someone can chime in on these.

Thanks,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Piperman View Post
    I also have been trying to determine which one would be the better one to get, I am leaning to the FCP because of the HS Precision stock, but the BA is nice, just seems to have too much on top, and you are paying for that too. I have the LRH in .260 Rem, I like it, but Accustock doesn't accept a lot of different things, also if you want to change trigger the Accustock apparently interferes with that.

I hope someone can chime in on these.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Umm...since when does the AccuStock interfere with changing the trigger, and how exactly? Depending on the aftermarket trigger design you might have to file or grind a little around the trigger well for clearance, but other than that it should pose no problems.

As for the original question, the FCP HS will have a heavy barrel - probably 0.820" at the muzzle end, whereas the 111 LRH will have what's considered a medium or heavy sporter barrel that will likely be under 0.700" at the muzzle end. If it were me I'd go with the FCP HS as you get the heavier fluted barrel and a much, much better stock that more than makes up for the price difference between the two.
    Jim B. - Site Administrator
    I run a forum - someone please shoot me and put me out of my misery already

Piperman
    That was an assumption because when I looked at the triggers, it says not with Accustock. Maybe that just meant what you said, that it's not 100% drop in and go. That is definitely no problem. That was also what I was wondering what the barrel profile was going to be on the LRH vs. the FCP HS, the stock is great, basically what I would have bought to replace the one on the LRH. Which is what I am going to do on my .260 LRH. I'll probably rebarrel it too, for a heavier barrel.

Thanks Jim,
    Steve

Stephenthesuave

110 in its various .338 lapua offerings

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Umm...since when does the AccuStock interfere with changing the trigger, and how exactly? Depending on the aftermarket trigger design you might have to file or grind a little around the trigger well for clearance, but other than that it should pose no problems.

As for the original question, the FCP HS will have a heavy barrel - probably 0.820" at the muzzle end, whereas the 111 LRH will have what's considered a medium or heavy sporter barrel that will likely be under 0.700" at the muzzle end. If it were me I'd go with the FCP HS as you get the heavier fluted barrel and a much, much better stock that more than makes up for the price difference between the two.
    Thanks for the heads up on barrel profile. I actually have a local shop that has both hanging up so I need to just get off my butt and check them out. I don't wanna get too attached until I can take it home though.

Thanks all.