Thread: 110 HS Percision .338 Lapua Bolt Sticking

Shooter50

110 HS Percision .338 Lapua Bolt Sticking

I am having problems with bolt sticking. Its is extremely hard at the top of the lift before pulling back on bolt. Sometimes I have to close bolt back and open it again to get shell to extract. I am using 300gr Lapua Scenars with Lapua brass, only using 83.0 to 86.0 grs. of H1000 with CCI magnum primers. This is a very light load, not showing primers flattening or any other pressure signs. I full length size every time with RCBS dies. Trim brass to 2.714 every time and seat bullet to 3.681. Rifle has about 200 rds thru it and has always had a tight bolt but not like it has gotten now. Any suggestion or help?

I'm having bolt problems too, there seems to be a problem that is referenced as a primary extraction problem. You can search for it and see if it mirrors what you are dealing with. Sorry I don't have any answers, but figured it may give you a place to start.

justin1098
    I had a similar issue. Much smaller cartridge though. Check the primary extraction.

In case you don't know. The ring that stays stationary when you lift the bolt on the back of the bolt with the ramp on the back side engages a ramp on the bolt handle. It should push the bolt back just a little when the bolt is lifted all the way up.

I had a case of the stupids and didn't notice the alen bolt on the back of the bolt had come loose and backed out a little eliminating primary extraction.