I really wanted a used Stevens 200 or model 10 action for my 300blackout build, but I haven't been able to locate one locally, so this morning I went to a WalMart and they had the 223 Axis in stock. Well, I haven't bought a rifle from WM in a few years and today was a lesson. I had 5 people from WM trying to figure out their online 4473 form. Most of them were assistant managers and I waited over 1.5 hours to get my rifle. I could have come back, but I figured I was already there waiting and the store needed to learn how to process a firearm, so I let them use me as the beta tester.

The dept manager and assistant manager didn't even know they had a special order catalog. One manager did, but she handed me the special order catalog after they already were on hold with PICS check or else I would have special ordered the Stevens 200.

Overall, the Axis seems to be a decent rifle...I don't like the bolt knob as it feels cheap to me, so I'll probably replace it along with the recoil lug. I'm also going to strengthen the stock via the tutorial from a member on this forum.

I just need to rent or buy the go/no go gages and I'll be set. I'm hoping that this rifle will be super light since I just received my McGowen 16.5" 300 blackout barrel earlier this week. I plan on using EGW bases since the company is only 20 minutes from my house. I'll probably just stick with a lower power optic, since I plan on using NV once my suppressor is approved.