Thread: Model 10 FLCP-k 308 with 34mm Bushnell rings and base info needed

Basic Member

Model 10 FLCP-k 308 with 34mm Bushnell rings and base info needed

I have a FLCP-K in 308 that I just bought and plan to run under the new Bushnell HDMR scope which has a 34mm tube. I bought a EGW base which fits great and then based on the ring chart online I ordered a Warne High Maxima ring set. When I put the scope on with this setup the scope objective is so high above the barrel that I cant even get a decent cheek weld on the stock and see through the scope. In looking at various rings there are some "low" rings but they are not that much lower than the high, maybe .250" lower. I didnt measure the clearance on the scope objective between it and the barrel but I bet it was at least .5-.625". I finally ordered a set of LOW American Rifle rings (super cool by the way) but I am not expecting them to be low enough honestly.

What have you used on your FLCP-K as far as rings and base for a 30 or 34mm scope tube?

Anyone?

Basic Member
    the height of the rings vary by manufacturer. if you can't find some low enough for you to get good cheek weld then you may want to get some type of cheek rest to raise your focal point to that which helps you get good cheek weld.

Basic Member
    Weaver 1pc. bases are lower than EGW.
    Might help.

pitsnipe
    I have the same weapon. I'm using medium Warne QD rings (30 mm) holding a Leupold Mk 4 LRT 6.5X20X50 mm scope with an EGW 20 moa HD base and have @ 3/16ths of an inch to the barrel. Low rings would gain (or loose in this case) me @ another 1/8th of an inch. But, since I can get a more than adequite cheek rest with the Karsten installed I havent worried about that last 1/8". I would go with a cheek rest no matter how low I could get the scope as the stock still has too much drop "built in" for anything bigger than a 40 mm bell and VERY LOW rings and low profile individual bases. Id post a pic but it seems that since the site changed format Im not able to. I can PM a pic or two if you are interested (kinda nice to know what it "would" look like before you spend the money on rings and base(s) Although function was more important to me as to why I went with the QD rings. As the zero is maintained after removal and reinstall and I can put a night vision scope on it some day when I'm rich and famous.
    Last edited by pitsnipe; 10-11-2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: content