Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My version of the 38 SPC bolt lift kit

waylonb19

Re: My version of the 38 SPC bolt lift kit

Ok I got it...I just had to REALLY force the cocking pin back. I just wasn't getting rough enough :D

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by waylonb19
    Ok I got it...I just had to REALLY force the cocking pin back. I just wasn't getting rough enough :D
    This is one of the reasons they say to remove the thickness of the kit from the BAS or cocking pin.

Dolomite

Basic Member

I just installed one of Dolomite's kits (Thanks Gordon) in a 112 LA with no grinding, washers
    or mods and it cut the bolt lift by half and super smooth!!.
    Proud Member<br />EOD Master Blaster&#39;s

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeeH
    I just installed one of Dolomite&#39;s kits (Thanks Gordon) in a 112 LA with no grinding, washers
    or mods and it cut the bolt lift by half and super smooth!!.
    Just to clarify, this was one of my 38 special kits and not the new design. LeeH should have the new design sometime this week for testing.

Dolomite

dcloco

Dolomite Supafly - trying my hand at making a couple of these tonight. Will finish both in the morning.

Team Savage

dolomite supafly
    w0uld be happy to pay for your time an
    troubal for one of these
    thanks
    drybean

RW

dolomite supafly are you or any one else making these up for a price I would sure like to try one if you or some one else does e-mail me at rongwoodsranch@msn.com Thank You RW

Basic Member

I do not sell these. There is a reason I make them and it isn&#39;t to make money. Those that have gotten them know the reason and I am not going to get into it in public.

Thanks
    Dolomite

BTW, PM inbound drybean

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dcloco
    Dolomite Supafly - trying my hand at making a couple of these tonight. Will finish both in the morning.
    The pictures I posted are of my first version. I have since started doing a few other things to hopefully make them better. I stake the setscrew in place as well as use red loctite. Not sure if it needs staking but it certainly can&#39;t hurt. I also found that using a tubing cutter makes it easier to cut the cases as well, especially if you are doing a few at a time like I try to on my "good" days.

Also, SS setscrews don&#39;t seem to be as hard as the carbon steel ones. The SS setscrews wear a bit while the carbon ones don&#39;t seem to.

McMaster Carr sells pointed setscrews pretty cheap in packs. They had exactly waht I was needing without having to grind or shape the heads to get them to work.

Dolomite

dcloco

Dolomite - took my latest build to the bench today. There is better bolt lift with this kit installed.

I used two part epoxy on the screw.

Thanks for the pictures - as the saying goes - worth a thousand words.

Still in the motel/kitchenette. So, had to buy a small vice, dremel, flat file, tap, and correct size drill bits. NOT complaining...as I do like to buy tools (not like I need any...but my house is 655 miles from here!!).

Take care...and thanks again.

Kawabuggy

Anyone recommend a place a guy could find a 38/357 shell casing???? Any other sizes work? I have a piece of every other type of brass (common calibers) except one of those! I&#39;m going to try this on one of my guns and if it works-I&#39;ll be a happy camper! If it matters, I have a lathe and could turn down another piece of brass to the correct dimensions, if someone can tell me what those dimensions are!

dcloco

Quote Originally Posted by Kawabuggy
    Anyone recommend a place a guy could find a 38/357 shell casing???? Any other sizes work? I have a piece of every other type of brass (common calibers) except one of those! I&#39;m going to try this on one of my guns and if it works-I&#39;ll be a happy camper! If it matters, I have a lathe and could turn down another piece of brass to the correct dimensions, if someone can tell me what those dimensions are!

0.378" on the case
    0.434" on the rim of the casehead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12