Thread: Millett Trs-1 scope opinions?

Basic Member

Question Millett Trs-1 scope opinions?

i am thinking about getting one of these and want to know if anybody has opinions or experience using one. did you like it or not, how was the glass and functions for the price. this is in my price range and really would appreciate any input on this.
    thanks in advance.
    Bruce

Basic Member
    I've had one for a couple years now and had it mounted on a .223 up to a 300WM. It racks true, holds zero and the glass really isn't half bad. It isn't as good as say a vortex viper but it works well. The scope is pretty heavy but that is about the only bad thing I can say for something in this price range. Just saw optics planet has them on sale right now and I think there is a $20 off on $200 purchase right now.

1ShotKing
    Check out this review from Sniper Central. http://www.snipercentral.com/milletttrs.htm

1ShotKing

I have a friend that has this scope mounted on a 300 WinMag and has been pounding away with it for a couple of years. The scope is nothing if not tough. The adjustments seem to be very precise out to the 1200 or so we can shoot to. All together it seems to be a very good scope for the money.
    Any clod can have the facts; having opinions is an art.

Basic Member
    glad to hear guys, i went and took advantage of the Optics Planet sale with the $25 off BF special. i hope it works out as i have heard both good and bad about them. being on limited funds i have to make do with what i can afford, not what i like.
    what really peaked my interest is an article i read on Snipers Hide where the guy did an unbiiased assessment of the scope using it in all phases of LE tactical work. as he said for the money he thought it was a good scope and there were more good things he liked about it than the few negatives.
    well, i guess i will find out for myself!