Thread: Sightron III 10-50x60

Mel12

Sightron III 10-50x60

Does anyone out there have one of these? I've been reading really good things about sightron scopes lately. I want to mount it on a 6br that is based on a savage target action RBLP. I want to use this rifle to shoot from 400 to 800 yards plus. All info will be greatly appreciated.

Trent, is yours mil/mil or mil/moa?
    FTR in 223, BA LE Tactical in 308, 110 Flatback in CBI 6mmBR Norma, Others

Basic Member
    I have the SIII 8-32x56 and it's a great scope. I would assume that the 10-50x60 would be comparable in every way. To me, it is optically as good or better than my 6.5-20x50 Mk4. The Sightron is brighter and has better contrast at all power settings. Mine has the LRMOA reticle and MOA adjustments. It's a great setup and I'm extremely happy with it. For the price, the SIII scope seem like one of the best deals out there in optics. When you consider that I can sell my used Mk4 and have almost enough to buy 2 of the Sightrons, the SIII looks like an even better deal.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by yorketransport View Post
    I have the SIII 8-32x56 and it's a great scope. I would assume that the 10-50x60 would be comparable in every way. To me, it is optically as good or better than my 6.5-20x50 Mk4. The Sightron is brighter and has better contrast at all power settings. Mine has the LRMOA reticle and MOA adjustments. It's a great setup and I'm extremely happy with it. For the price, the SIII scope seem like one of the best deals out there in optics. When you consider that I can sell my used Mk4 and have almost enough to buy 2 of the Sightrons, the SIII looks like an even better deal.

Andrew
    +1 I have the exact same scope and it's great.

Team Savage
    ++2

drybean

Quote Originally Posted by Mel12 View Post
    Does anyone out there have one of these?
    I have five

I want to mount it on a 6br that is based on a savage target action RBLP.
    A couple of mine are on Savage's. / .284 imp. & .22-250

I want to use this rifle to shoot from 400 to 800 yards plus. All info will be greatly appreciated.
    I've used mine to shoot from 100 - 1000 yards. My Barnard 6 Dasher has one, it currently holds an NBRSA 1K score record.
    Optically as good as my Nightforce 12-42x56 BR's. Only issue I have with this particular model is the side focus is very sensitive (very
    narrow focus range). If you're shooting at a fixed distance it's not an issue, set side focus and start shooting. If you were trying to scan around for squirrels or ?,
    it would not be a very good choice.

-Rick
    Unbiased AR15, Barnard, BAT, Borden, Browning, Kelbly, Marsh, Nesika Bay, Remington, Ruger, Savage, Ultralight Arms owner. I like 'em all.

3 Sightrons... (2x 8-32x 54mm & 1x 10-50x 60mm) all using the fine crosshair and 1/8 target dot. Fabulous scope. I've not had any NightForce models, but I've had VX4 and MK4 Leupys. The SIII sightrons are everything the Luepys offer and more (best coatings available IMNSHO). ALL my future scopes will be Sightron SIII models.
    .22LR * 6.5x47 Lapua * .223 Rem * .308 Win * 260 Rem * Large Cojones!
    [I]"I can prove anything by statistics except the truth."[/I]

Basic Member
    I recently bought the 8-32x56 s3 model with the Long Range MOA recticle. its by far the best scope i have. all my future long range rifles with have this scope or the 10-50 on it. great product for less cost. you cant go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jhelmuth View Post
    3 Sightrons... (2x 8-32x 54mm & 1x 10-50x 60mm) all using the fine crosshair and 1/8 target dot. Fabulous scope. I've not had any NightForce models, but I've had VX4 and MK4 Leupys. The SIII sightrons are everything the Luepys offer and more (best coatings available IMNSHO). ALL my future scopes will be Sightron SIII models.

Well.... let me amend that. Bougth a 8-32x 56mm LRTD/TDT 1/8moa but never mounted it as I picked up a screaming good deal on a like-new 10-50x 60mm instead. SO I actually do have 2x (two) of the 10-50x scopes....
    now I gotta find a home for that other Sightron!
    .22LR * 6.5x47 Lapua * .223 Rem * .308 Win * 260 Rem * Large Cojones!
    [I]"I can prove anything by statistics except the truth."[/I]

Mel12
    ok I think ive decided to go with the sightron. Only one question left whats a good 1 peice base that will work on this action? and will regular high burrus zee rings work for a scope with an objective this large?

ArmchairElite
    Quote Originally Posted by jhelmuth View Post
    Well.... let me amend that. Bougth a 8-32x 56mm LRTD/TDT 1/8moa but never mounted it as I picked up a screaming good deal on a like-new 10-50x 60mm instead. SO I actually do have 2x (two) of the 10-50x scopes....
    now I gotta find a home for that other Sightron!
    I have one of those 8-32x56 LRTD/TDT S3 Sightrons and you should keep it! It's close to my IOR and it makes my PST look bad. One of the reasons that I got it instead of the 10-50x60 was that I heard it got a little darker after 40x. Do you notice this with yours?