Thread: First picture upload (thanks Frank)

Richard Giguere

First picture upload (thanks Frank)

Here is a photo of the finished strenghning of the stock. Really not much to see after painting the inside of it black.

Richard Giguere
    Mmmm it didn't upload , guess its back to the drawing board. perhaps my file was to big.

Richard Giguere
    OK one more time

Richard Giguere

Richard Giguere

M.O.A.
    Click the vary bottom pick it says IMG CODE

Richard Giguere
    I dont see anywhere on this thread where it says "img code"
    Quote Originally Posted by M.O.A. View Post
    Click the vary bottom pick it says IMG CODE

Basic Member
    Richard, send the pics to me and i'll post them for you with your permission!

M.O.A.
    No no no. Go to your photobucket click on the pic you want to paste, it well come up as a big pic and to the right well be a list of codes click the bottom one it well say IMG code the come back here and right click and paste ;-)

Richard Giguere
    http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y399/frenchyx2/Img_9399_zpsb276027c.jpg[/IMG]

Richard Giguere
    [/IMG]

Richard Giguere
    Quote Originally Posted by M.O.A. View Post
    No no no. Go to your photobucket click on the pic you want to paste, it well come up as a big pic and to the right well be a list of codes click the bottom one it well say IMG code the come back here and right click and paste ;-)
    Well I got it finaly, woith all the help from everyone. I do really appreciate it. THANK YOU !!
    [/IMG]

Richard Giguere
    OK here I will try another....

Richard Giguere
    Well duh on my part....
    [IMG][/IMG]

Richard Giguere

test pic

Quote Originally Posted by devildogandboy View Post
    Richard, send the pics to me and i'll post them for you with your permission!
    I finaly figured it out !! thank you

About how many tubes of epoxy does it take to do this?

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    ALRIGHT RICH!!>>>!!!!!!!!<<<<<<

Looks great!
    Nice job on the reinforcement work. I'm sure by now you've noticed it feels a lot more like a rifle & less like trying to shoot a water balloon.

Nicely done.

We're all still waiting to see those one hole groups. We'll even settle for a tight looking buckshot pattern, as long as we know it's shooting better...

Good luck with it.

Frank in FLa
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    fla9-40 - If you have an Ace Hardware nearby, they have a package of quick set epoxy that's just enough to do 1 stock as long as your not wasteful. It's not too awfully expensive, too.

They're about 6" long with 2 tubes per package - one tube hardener - one tube of the other stuff I can't remember the name of & I'm too tired to get up & look....

JB Weld also makes a good one,too. They have a 5 min. epoxy that works quite well but it's a few pennies more.

The only one that didn;t work at all was PC7. It was really Elsuckerooni. The workability of the product was hard & it took all night to set and another day to harden. It pulled away from the stock the first time I used it.

Frank in Fla
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

Richard Giguere
    Frank I used the Loctite, I hava an account at one of the indutrial supply houses. May have paid more than I should have but the company paid for it anyway !!. I finaly have been able to upload pictures. Take a look at the RIMFIRE thread, I uploaded some pics of the new Boyd's Baracuda stock I ordered for my 22 MKII, it fit perfectly with no in-letting whatsoever.

Richard Giguere
    Well I found that it took about 4.5 ounces of epoxy and 4.5 ounces of hardener for a total of 9 ounces. I filled all the voids and also the trigger guard assembly.
    Quote Originally Posted by fla9-40 View Post
    About how many tubes of epoxy does it take to do this?

Basic Member
    Richard, good job on the stiffening and the pics! looks like everything came out alright. make sure you have space on both sides of the barrel and the tang area is free floated as well. good luck and enjoy your rifle.

Richard Giguere
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogandboy View Post
    Richard, good job on the stiffening and the pics! looks like everything came out alright. make sure you have space on both sides of the barrel and the tang area is free floated as well. good luck and enjoy your rifle.
    Thanks, and please enlighten me, what is a " tang" I hope it is not what I used to drink when I was a kid..? seriously, I can take a peice of paper and run it under the barell it seems all free and clear .

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Giguere View Post
    Thanks, and please enlighten me, what is a " tang" I hope it is not what I used to drink when I was a kid..? seriously, I can take a peice of paper and run it under the barell it seems all free and clear .
    yeah, one of my ffavorite drinks too! the tang area is the portiion where the safety is located, that triangular shaped area should be free floated as well.

M.O.A.
    LOL It gets easier the more you do it ;-)