Thread: Scope Recomendation for a 116 Weather Warrior in 30-06

Ridge Runner

Scope Recomendation for a 116 Weather Warrior in 30-06

Tried to fit a Nikon Prostaff to it and it is not long enough. Can you recommend a scope 3x9-40 that will fit it? Would prefer a silver colored one. Are the Leupolds long enough? Do I need to go to a 1 piece base?

Any recomendations to point me in the right direction would be appreicated. Pics of your Weather Warrior set up and details would also be appreciated.

Thank you.

M.O.A.
    Put A one peace on it and put the rings where they fit its cheaper than a new scope ;-)

Team Savage
    + 1 an EGW base would be the way go

drybean

nsaqam
    The EGW base is nice but it is really high and even with low rings the scope ends up too high for my liking.

As for a long scope you simply will not find a better scope for the money than the 3-9x40 Bushnell Elite. Get it before the end of October and you get a $75 rebate too!

Use the Prostaff with the Weaver 1 piece tactical base. Lower than the EGW as well as cheaper.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Ridge Runner
    Quote Originally Posted by nsaqam View Post
    The EGW base is nice but it is really high and even with low rings the scope ends up too high for my liking.

As for a long scope you simply will not find a better scope for the money than the 3-9x40 Bushnell Elite. Get it before the end of October and you get a $75 rebate too!
    So the body of the scope is long enough to fit my current factory ring set up for my Savage Weather Warrior? I will have to check it out.

stangfish
    Quote Originally Posted by nsaqam View Post

Finaly, somebody that realizes the value of the old elite series. The prostaff and buckmasters are very clear but durability wise they are not even in the same league.

Go the weaver route for low profile. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/532...und-rear-matte

stangfish
    Wow that picture was big!!!!

kevin_stevens
    Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    Finaly, somebody that realizes the value of the old elite series. The prostaff and buckmasters are very clear but durability wise they are not even in the same league.

Go the weaver route for low profile. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/532...und-rear-matte

Is that rail aluminum or steel? I wanted steel and ended up with Warne two-piece with extended base in front. The Warne bases extended more and were lower profile (6.5 vs 9mm) than the Weaver Grand Slam bases.

I couldn't find a one-piece rail that was steel but didn't block my iron sights.

KeS

mysavagerifle
    i have this same rifle and use DNZ scope mount. I like more scope than a 3x9x40 though. Ive got a 6x24x50mm burris black diamond on mine, and I think its an overkill. I feel the best power range is a 4x16x40 or 50mm and if could go back in time would look for something close to that. Wish burris made a 4x16x50mm in 30 mm tube. i dont like Nikons circle bdc reticle. Id rather have lines or dots.

mysavagerifle
    Ive seen turrets fall out of the sides of bushnells. Im not a fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post

nateisw
    My 116 has a Bushnell Elite 3-9x40 that fits no problem. I use the Talley lightweight rings/bases. I'm very happy with the setup I have. The Simmons 3-9x40 that came with the 116 got put on my wife's 10/22 and she's happy too!