Question about the new International Trophy Hunter 116 I just bought in 270. Cannot complain about the gun, shoots great and for less then the cost of a bare 116 I walked out the door with a gun that shot onto paper, a sling and a box of ammo ready to hunt. My question comes when I stripped the gun down, and was rather confused by the firing pin assembly. After some research it turns out the firing pin with springs behind the cocking piece is in the same style as the axis, while the bolt head is from a 110. I see there have been some issues with the axis style firing pin (solved by smoothing out the flat base spring) and am wondering if this is the new direction savage is going, if I have a frankenrifle that will be impossible to find parts too, or if the firing pin assemblies are interchangable (unlikely as the bolt lengths are different from my understanding). The gun shoots wonderfully, but I'm wondering if I'll run into problems when I try and mod this rifle in the future (bolt heads, handles, adjust firing pin protrusion, etc).